The Korean Stroke Society and the Australasian Stroke Academy would like to invite you to our second Joint Stroke Congress, being held at the Westin Brisbane from June 18 to 20, 2020.
For those looking to update their knowledge we will be joined by international keynote speakers such as Professors Joung-Ho Rha and Oh-Young Bang from Korea, and Professor Mark Parsons from Melbourne Australia. Current topics in stroke medicine will be discussed such as the increasing overlap between stroke medicine and cardiology, reperfusion therapies and secondary prevention.
We will also be running our Crash Course for those looking to get up-to-speed with Stroke medicine. This course covers anatomy, imaging, reperfusion therapies and secondary prevention and is suitable for basic physician trainees and advanced physician trainees looking for a broad overview of the field.
Keep an eye out for the Call for Abstracts. We will be looking for platform and e-poster presentations. We will welcome both scientific research abstracts and clinical e-poster case discussions.
- Heart and Brain, including atrial fibrillation management and structural cardiac interventions for stroke prevention.
- Thrombolysis, including extended time windows
- Endovascular thrombectomy, including the use of imaging for patient selection
- Non-stroke neurological sequelae of stroke, including headache, seizures and cognitive impairment.
- Secondary prevention of stroke, including antiplatelet therapies and blood pressure management
- Intracranial haemorrhage including amyloid angiopathy
- The Stroke Crash Course
- Topical debates of hot topics in stroke
Andrew Wong, Oh Young Bang
Bernard Yan, Joung-Ho Rha , Keun-Sik Hong, Henry Ma, , Andrew Lee, Sun-Uck Kwon, Keun-Hwa Jung
Henry Ma, Keun-Sik Hong
Oh Young Bang, Keun-Hwa Jung, Bernard Yan, John Fink